View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: How Much Would I Have To Make?

Josh, here's how I look at it:

We all have one life, we've gotta make the most of it by doing what we feel is naturally right for ourselves. I think you feel like poker is the right choice, so roll with it. Money provides a wealth of opportunity... You win a couple hundred thousand the next year or few years, and you can certainly use that to garner additional financial or personal rewards, and set yourself up for the life that you want to live. Are you going to be able to obtain financial security by trying to use your degree immediately out of school? Can you see yourself going that route your entire life? Probably not. Will you be able to return to that line if after a few years poker doesn't work out? Probably. I think, as well as you, that the window is fading for internet poker, and so, I think you need to take advantage since you're capable of earning enough from online poker to make it worth foregoing the "traditional" post-graduate route.

I say, graduate and do poker. You know people on these forums who are/will be experiencing the same things as you, I'm sure amongst us we'll find some investment opportunities that will work.

Totally ignore all of this if the thought of being a poker pro makes you unhappy or cringe, since then I think you should consider the other non-poker options you described.