View Single Post
Old 09-19-2005, 03:18 AM

Default Re: Raising then autobetting missed flops. (Warning: 10 hands)

I'll give a quick shot at these before I go to bed.

Hand 1 - HERO checks I don't see much value in betting this. You are not likely to think out the field. I think I want to see a turn and river as cheaply as possible

Hand 2 - HERO folds. He is likely donking a pair, and on a king high board like this, I'm pretty sure he has a king. As such I don't think we have the odds to continue.

Hand 3 - HERO raises. You have a semi-LAG donking into you, take the chance to try to knock out everyone else.

Hand 4 - HERO calls. Donking like this usually means a pair. I think I call, w/ implied odds I think it's worth it to try to spike an A or K.

Hand 5 - HERO bets. I think the K gives you a lot of fold equity. I'd be alot happier if the button wasn't there. But I think you have to bet it. Probably I fire again on the turn.

Hand 6 - HERO checks - But I am pretty clueless in these situatinos. FWIW Idon't raise KJs here I don't think it has enough equity to make up for having to play it OOP.

Hand 7 - Again I'm clueless. I probably bet here, but I don' think it really matters. With a field this big I don't think you're going to showdown unless you improve.

Hand 8 - Hero Raises - For value. You have everyone trapped for an extra bet. It also makes the hand a lot easier to play as you have clearly defined your hand. If it gets capped and then is two bets back to you on the turn I think I can find a fold.

Hand 9 - Hero Folds. Small pot, I think SB has an ace or a PP way too often to make a continuing profitable.

Hand 10 - Hero Bets - Go ahead and take a shot at it. You will fold them out often enough I think for it to be a good bet.

Hope that helps a little. Most of these are extremely difficult to play, with UI overcards OOP. I have come to play pretty passively with them when the field is big, as you are going to have to improve to win, and I want to put as few bets in as possible if I don't.