View Single Post
Old 09-15-2003, 02:01 AM

Default Re: Thank you Cyrus & ACPlayer. I\'ll follow your advice.

Hi Foo King,

If you are not Cyrus (and you know if you are or not) I extend to you the warmest welcome to this forum. You have not started on the wrong foot with me.

My beef is not with you, but with another poster who I thought you might be. I figured only he would use a word such as "metasyntactic", but then I realized that it and "foo" come from the world of UNIX and PERL and the like, and that would be way way out of his realm. Of course, these words may have pervaded other areas as well.

Since you've decided to take my math advice, my math advice to you is to skip anything Cyrus posts on this math forum, and anything on any forum that involves logic for that matter, which would include about everything he posts. He has been thoroughly discredited in these areas, and he is an insidious force on these forums. Not all members understand this, because they have not had the in- depth experience with him that I have had, and the evidence is old, scattered, and of a fairly subtle nature. If you PM me, I can send you the evidence, or you can find it on other topics, but I don't feel it's appropriate to link to it here, and I do not wish to engage in this matter on this forum any more than necessary. It's a funny thing, but if you act to discredit someone, even when you are right, you yourself can lose credibility.

Anyway, sorry you had to join in the middle of this. Enjoy this forum, and I hope you will find it useful and informative.

-Bruce