View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 06:13 PM

Default Re: $215 - Playing my first right now. Anyone want to sweat me?

[ QUOTE ]
Octave,

I don't mind raising on the button with J high when nobody has shown strength...

However, calling his limp reraise I think is a big leak. At that level I would imagine that a limp reraiser has QQ+ or AK 80 percent of the time, with KK and AA being the most likely.

Calling those reraises will cost you more money in the long run than "tarnishing" your table image IMO.

Fire up another one and get to work
Sigma

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, but I knew I was behind when I called. (I would never make a call like this in a 109, but I think my conception of the 215s is that it's an assload of aggression, and what you are repping, vs. what you actually have.)

I was concerned that I would look weak if I folded there, and as it was my first 215, I didn't want to play scared. He very well could have been popping me back with the thought that my raise was positional. I also figured that I probably stood a good chance of working him if I hit, because he really isn't putting me on J9d.

In the end, in an effort to look utterly fearless and get tricky, I look like a total donk. Hah.

Imagine how awesome it would have been if it had worked.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]