View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: What is the key to becoming a real top player?

[ QUOTE ]
I have decided to register here to get some advice

[/ QUOTE ]
this is a good start. the more you read here the better you will understand the nuances of the game as well as strategy and you will only become a better player.
[ QUOTE ]
I am an average sort of player, I can win some small tables and can often in the big online tournaments make the prizes - i.e. finishing in the top 80 of 1000 people tournaments. However I cannot seem to do any better than this. I have a good knowledge of the game and have read books and know what I am doing but I just cannot seem to get any better.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is actually better than most. note that books aren't everything, you need to be able to apply what is read (i am not saying you don't by any means).
[ QUOTE ]
My question is - for all you players who are really good and can expect to finish in the top prizes - did you ever find yourself where I currently am - i.e. seemingly the best I can do is come about 50th? Or have you just got the natural talent?

[/ QUOTE ]
this conincides with your last paragraph. you sound passive and one thing the top tourny players are is aggressive and apply pressure very well.

read the MTT forums, you will find your answers there.