View Single Post
Old 09-18-2005, 12:24 AM

Default Re: QQ out of position hand. What\'s my line?

[ QUOTE ]
One question. Does check-folding here set me up to get bluffed at later on? Someone might call the flop just to raise me later on if I check the turn on this type of board.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. In this specific situation there is just too many ways that you can be beaten. That is why the c/f option is the best. It sucks, you've been dealt a pretty nice hand to start off with, but the heat is too much at this point. Muck them, and know that you made the right decision. If someone's bluffing you because they have position on you, they'll do it again when you will have the nuts, and you'll get your money back.
It's always possible to call the flop to set up a bluff on the later streets, however, sometimes, when you do that, you end up representing your opponents hand and they will beat you with it. Say you have A-2 in the small blind, you limp in, flop brings two hearts, you put in a raise, opponent calls with the intention of representing the flush when another heart comes, turn brings the heart, then, you can check raise him or, if you think he'll fire again on the river, call the turn and check raise him on the river, since he'll bet thinking that you'll fold like you did when you had the ladies. You'll get your money back.
Patience is a virtue.