View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 01:08 PM

Default An open letter to PokerStars on tourney scheduling

Also sent directly to them - will post the reply.

Dear PokerStars,

I was delighted to win a seat to one of the EPT London $360+20 qualifiers but very disappointed to see the time: Sunday 6pm EST.

This is 11 pm in London, midnight in most of Europe, and 1 am in Scandanavia. And strangely all the EPT $380 tourneys seem to be at a similar time. Of course not everyone playing will be in Europe but it seems a shame that a series of EPT qualifiers are being held at such an inconvenient time for the players they're targetting.

Can you provide me with an explanation as to why the EPT $380s all seem to start at midnight or later European time? Or perhaps (and maybe I'm being wildly optimistic) an admission that this was indeed a poor decision and that future such events might be held a little earlier.

I'm used to most of your big tourneys being on a US-centric time cycle and dont have the slightest problem with it - I know US-based players make up the vast majority of your clients. But in this case, for EPT events, I think a little more common-sense could have been applied. Especially as it wouldn't inconvenience any US-based players to move the events a few hours earlier.