View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 08:41 AM

Default Re: Dammit Paul! Yer not making it easy for us to worship you.

Hi all,

I am currently in the UK and have not seen the production as yet - so not fully sure what all the fuss is about. But I do get the jist of it. Anyhow, before I move on - I must firstly add that about 2 years ago, I did comment to Paul Phillips as to how well he was playing at the time. He is also a gent and immense fun to play. As for his commentary - can't really say much as I have yet to see the show. So for what it's worth - here is my take on that hand.

As for Todd, he did nothing wrong in hand - though calling a raise out of position with Q-Jos is not the smartest of plays. It's has also been suggested on a couple of forums that he could have gotten more bets out of me if he had actually bet the turn - I very much doubt it. What you must remember is that I had raised utg - for Todd to then lead out with a bet on the turn - he would have been asking for trouble. Unless he had turned the nuts.

In fact, if I followed my instincts (as I do more often than not) - I should have checked the turn - hence the initial hesitation. On reflection - he got the most out of me. On a better day - I would have mucked the river - despite pot odds. There was also one another reason for the call - but that's too much info.

Cheers!

Peter Costa