View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Taking different lines later as opposed C/Rbetting the pot on the flop

I don't want to give a ton of credit to the preflop raiser for being a card playing genious here, but with that said I think there are two things here that we can do.

1)Check-raise here
If we wanted to continue with this hand, I would certainly want to know where I was at. I think calling in this position is only a mistake. With that being said, I don't know if anything but a pot sized bet will work. He is showing weakness here, but raising anything less than 360 will be giving him like 4-1 odds (its late and my brain is off. correct me if I am wrong). But what if we didn't want to commit that many chips right now? What if we took a different line and looked to attack on the turn or river?

2)Smooth calling here
This is a tough situation to smooth call in. You don't know anything about your opponents holding or where you stand. Yet what if we can exploit that down the road if he shows weakness on the turn? What if calling here and checking the turn would induce him to check too? Obviously you showed that you had a hand PF when you called and also that you had a hand on the flop when you called OOP too. Dependent on what the river is, maybe a bet of 300 will win the pot for you? It isn't investing as much as the pot sized raise (not by much - still late at night. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ), but if he checks on the the turn maybe he is willing to drop it. What do you guys htink of this line?