View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Good enough to take a stand?

[ QUOTE ]

I think you have too many chips to do anything so exotic at this point. You'll still have 9000 behind after the flop, to call preflop with the idea of betting the flop blindly seems too fancy to me.

You can't always force things in MTTs, and stopping+going seems like an attempt to force something in an unwise situation instead of being patient and hoping a better situation occurs.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a rule I agree, but I felt the conditions at my table were such that it might not be a bad idea.

So I seriously thought about doing this play, then decided against it and folded.

I then proceeded to never get a chance to be first in in any sort of later position.

There was ALWAYS at least a limp, if not a raise in front of me. And I didn't have enough chips that after someone raised, that they'd lay down to me pushing.

My final hand was a LP limp, and I pushed with K8s on the button. The blinds folded, LP called with 33 and I got no help.

So working backward from my last hand to the BB hand I posted, I really had no other opportunities and of course caught no real hands.

And I find this to often be the case, those fabled 'better opportunities' are just that...often just fables.

-Scott