View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 11:01 PM

Default Re: Aces flops a set: Now fold???

[ QUOTE ]
Bottom line is that 3 people have shown strength before you and you have the best possible hand that loses value with each opponent that calls you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aces gain EV with every call, although you prefer not to have too many callers because variance also increases and high variance is detrimental in tournaments.

[ QUOTE ]
In any STT I want to isolate AND get all my chips in if I think there is a decent chance of a caller. Sure, if it's a huge MTT and you have mountains of chips relative to the BB a big (but not all-in)reraise might accomplish the same thing with less risk of everyone folding.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if it's an STT, there is no point in overbetting the pot by more than a factor of 3 when you have the current nuts. Even people who will call off 1/10th of their stack with trash will think twice before calling ten times that much and putting themselves all-in.

[ QUOTE ]
And if the 20+2 players are that donkish, all the more reason to push.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you would rather they fold than give you half their stack? Even people who will call off half their stack with 56s won't call an all-in with it.

[ QUOTE ]
There aren't much "worse" hands for your opponents than a dominated hand and an underpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but there are many other dominated hands and underpairs that will call a smaller range but not a ridiculous overbet. I've seen smaller reraises called with hands like J3s, even a complete moron generally won't call a push with that. Smarter players will never call that kind of push with KQs, but they will often call a smaller raise. EVERYONE'S calling raise increases with "sane range" vs. "overbet" (though good players are more likely to fold to a miniraise since they will suspect a monster), and ANY HAND THAT CALLS IS GOOD FOR YOU.

[ QUOTE ]
I think the consensus is PF push.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the case where it's a sane bet (like the original post), sure. If the stacks are 1500 and the pfr is only 150, that's just ridiculous.