View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Aces flops a set: Now fold???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes, people's stack sizes helps determine how likely they are to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

For sure stack sizes should always be taken into account but PF raises are better evaluated as multiples of the BB.

[ QUOTE ]
In the situation where stacks are 800, sure, the odds are getting big enough that you shouldn't mind people folding. Deep-stacked, when you have a big hand you want to make a raise that your opponents shouldn't call, but will, that's where the money comes from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bottom line is that 3 people have shown strength before you and you have the best possible hand that loses value with each opponent that calls you. In any STT I want to isolate AND get all my chips in if I think there is a decent chance of a caller. Sure, if it's a huge MTT and you have mountains of chips relative to the BB a big (but not all-in)reraise might accomplish the same thing with less risk of everyone folding.

[ QUOTE ]
The post you're quoting was talking about the situation where everyone has stacks of 1500, that's even mentioned right there in the portion you quoted. Also, at 20/2's and below I see people call half their stacks and then fold the flop all the time. Don't assume all your opponents think logically or know what they're doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed the responder misread the OP as having 1500 instead of 800. And if the 20+2 players are that donkish, all the more reason to push.

[ QUOTE ]
These hands (AK and KK) will usually play and might even reraise anyway. Now let's work on getting action from worse ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

There aren't much "worse" hands for your opponents than a dominated hand and an underpair.

I think the consensus is PF push.

[/ QUOTE ]