Thread: CFB 9/17
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 07:34 PM

Default CFB 9/17

YTD 4-2-0(+2.00)

Boston College +2(-107) vs. Florida St.
Boston College's defense has the talent to pressure Drew Weatherford just as well as Miami did. If that happens, BC will win easily. Boston College returns all 5 on the offensive line and won't let FSU get to Quinton Porter like they did to Kyle Wright. I think BC is the better team, at least until FSU works out their quarterback situation. I'll take them at home with the points.

Syracuse +7.5(-105) vs. Virginia
Syracuse's offense isn't very good, but with Ahmad Brooks out, there will be a lot less pressure on Patterson and Syracuse's running game. Syracuse's defense is underrated and plays a lot better at home. This line should be +3.5 at most.

UCLA/OU under 51.5(-108)
Both Thompson and Bomar have looked horrible so far, at home and against much worse defenses. UCLA's going to put 8 in the box and force OU to throw. OU's O-linemen are dropping like flies, and their QB will be pressured all day. OU's defense is still very good, and UCLA's offense is mediocre. I love this bet, it's my Big XII Lock of the Week.

Baylor -6(-105) @ Army
Baylor is an experienced, underrated team. Army might have the worst defense in the nation, and doesn't have nearly enough talent on offense to keep up with Baylor. I like the Bears in what might be their last real chance at winning a game this year.