View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Posting a hand history (no content)

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I raise here either. You are so far ahead here and a raise will only make those guys who are completely out of the running fold. If you raise your giving the guy 9 to one on his gutshot, so he's close to getting correct odds (with implied) on his draw (although he is drawing to the low end). With a big pot like this I think you usually go for a raise but not with the intention of getting guys to fold, rather, raising for value. In this particular case I think it's very close between a raise and a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only hands you would like to get to fold are the straight draws. OE draws are not going to fold for 2 bets, but the rest might.

As for driving out other players I don't know. Assume we just call the flop and noone else raises, we are definitely going to raise the turn. Those holding nothing are not going to call two. I think the profit of possibly driving gutshot draws out of this pot is greater than the small profit gained by calling (and increasing the risk of losing the pot).