View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: What to do...(first post)

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting; I've never completed with this with >0 limpers in front, and when it came down to me and the BB I'd usually raise it against a tight BB and fold it against a loose one.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is about my thought as well. I may complete against an extremely loose passive BB who will call down often, but no point in raising when I have an exactly average hand.

[ QUOTE ]
So if we're gonna play it, why isn't it better to come in for a raise and gain some fold equity/get rid of whatever overs to our 7 (or queen, for that matter) that BB could have?

[/ QUOTE ]

If we limp in it costs us .5SB and we'll be out of position against 2 players getting 5:1 preflop in a 3SB pot.

If we don't hit we can check/fold.

If we raise, we're giving the BB 5:1 odds to call so there's a very good chance he'll call with a good % of his hands anyway. We'll be out of position against 1-2 players in a 5-6SB pot into which we had to invest 1.5SB and if we miss the flop it's questionable whether we should continue. If he does fold, we'll be in an awkward position on the flop 2/3 of the time when we miss.

I prefer to play it like a set - if I hit I stay if I miss I'm out.