View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 04:11 PM

Default Re: HULA ML Overall Standings

The reason we jsut have 6 weeks of play is because when we were starting this whole thing--being that it was "ML" and all we weren't very confident it would actually get off the ground.

I wanted to play HU and try out the HULA format but didn't get drafted the first time arond--apparently with good reason. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I knew my fall would be really busy as it is so i suckered Witeknite into "co-commissioning" (could also be read as "doing all the work.")

We weren't sure this thing would even really take flight and between us we both have busy schedules (wives, jobs, a kid) as well. Draft was complete before I even thought to think of how many weeks it would be. I read Evan's HULA thread and said "Ok 6 weeks is long enough for them its long enough for us." Then a little "Hey Witeknite, the season is 6 weeks long...i guess...sound good?" Thats the short story of how we arrived where we are today.

to answer one other question that was asked earlier..."Where did 140%/90%/90%/90%/90% payout structure come from?"

It was also copied from regualr HULA--gave people incentive to volunteeer for the extra work of being a captain as well as gave us captains so we could get a draft underway and start the season. This payout structure was stated eaerly on--now you guys know to volunteer to captain next time.

I had visions of myself being a great HU player, drafting awesome, and pwning you all but not all of those things came together so any of my other reasons for liking the 140%/90%/90%/90%/90% payout structure as a captain aren't really relevant anymore.