Thread: Simple question
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Simple question

TPGK vs. TPTK. Slightly different. Domination is a real possibility with TPGK.

Anyway, I assume you were the preflop aggressor and came out firing after villian checked the flop. Nice move. Turn comes out and villian checks again. Bet that sucker. Uh oh! He raises? That would be a checkraise! Crap. Where am I at?

It is time to reprocess all the information available to you up to this point. The problem with being a TAG like we all try to be, is that we are easily trapped. People love waiting for the turn to trap when they flop a set. Heck, I try it once in a while myself. Others can't give up a pocket pair and hit their set on the turn prompting a CR.

What does the board look like and what, based on preflop action, might you suspect him to have? If there is a draw on board, you might be ahead and a reraise might be correct. In a tough situation like this, remember, all you have is a pair. Except for high card, it's the bottom of the barrel at showdown, which ironically wins its fair share.

In most situations, I think calling his raise is correct. In others, reraising. If he caps, then I'm all confused and probably leak money. Then the river comes out and you now have a new set of problems.

Okay, my final answer. I'm clueless. I suck. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Onaflag..........