View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Having trouble at 11s and 6s on Party (don\'t laugh)

[ QUOTE ]
Have been playing the 6s and 11s the AleoMagnus way (that is, tight early, trying to loosen up a bit in the money, playing super tight on bubble).

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't help you with the 6s, other than to say if you can possibly completely avoid them, do so.

I am an 11 and 22 player myself. I too held strictly to Aleo's guide. And I too had way too many 4ths. It's the "super-tight" bubble play that will do it to you. At the low buy-ins, most everybody is playing tight at the bubble, because they are just happy to make their money back. Afraid of ending up OOTM. I had a person type "never fails" when I got bounced in 4th recently. That person was the small stack, I caught AQs in the SB, pushed into the BB who had me covered. He called with 66 and it held up. I'll do that everytime, and you know what, more often than not it will fail. For the shorty.

Somewhere among all these posts over the past two months, somebody said "you should have as many fourths as you have firsts." What it means is, be agressive on the bubble. Take advantage of the other players not wanting to OOTM.

Post hands. Read every post for your level and the level above yours.

Oh, and peeps will tell you your sample size is too small. One caveat to that is, you don't have to play 40 SNGs a day to plug a leak. You only played 3 yesterday, but if you plug that leak before you play today, you just save yourself 37 games.