View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Because I like watching people lie...

[ QUOTE ]
You do know that Reagan increased taxes every year of his Presidency, except the first?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But they were always lower than when he first took office. Whats your point? We also outspent the Russians in the Cold War and bankrupted them. I think it was a fair exchange...

[ QUOTE ]

That total reciepts from personal taxpayers have fallen steadily in the Bush Adminstration? CBO Link

[/ QUOTE ]

So? That is due to the recession and the Tech bubble bursting? Whats the point?

[ QUOTE ]

You do know that with a Republican majority in both houses and the White House that spending has increased every year (by more than $400 billion per year)

[/ QUOTE ]

You have me here. I do not agree with what the repubilcans are doing right now. They are spending like drunken sailors...But is the answers raise taxes(Dem's solution?) or cut spending?

[ QUOTE ]

When Bill Clinton took office in 1992, Individual tax reciepts were $476 billion. When he left office in 2000, they were just over $1 trillion. Corporate income taxes went from $100 billion to just over $200 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad that we had the benefit of a booming economy during his presidency. No arguments here...

[ QUOTE ]

For 2004, Individual tax receipts (thanks to this 'glorious' recovery) were just $800 billion. Yeah those tax cuts really raised revenues....

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems like that is a pretty nice recovery from the bubble bursting. Twice the receipts as '92? Even at 3.5% growth that makes it 605 billion in 12 years. So were are doing better than that and I have more money in my pockets rather than in the governments pockets. Seems like a success to me...

-Gryph