View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Moving between limits - question for top players

[ QUOTE ]
when I was younger, a day job was just a source of money for me, that's it. most people that use the term "day job" feel this way . now that I'm real old and stuff, I've started thinking more about it and being a little more particular about what exactly I am spending 8 or so hours a day doing.

for me, I wouldn't be happy spending that much of my life playing poker. I also decided I wouldn't be happy spending that much of my time doing what I'm currently doing, so I'm taking some time off and a long road trip to figure things out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone says this, and I agree it doesn't sound fun to sit in front of a computer for 8 hours a day. But when I thought about doing it, part of me realized it would be a means to an end, not a permanent thing. I ended up not going that route, but I can't help but think how "nice" a lifestyle like that could be in your early 20s. No boss, no 9-5, no suit. More money than any of your friends. Go out when you want, how you want, where you want. Total freedom. Vacation, you name it. It seems like a fantastic thing to do from say 22 - 28. As long as individuals are intelligent , motivated and rational, most people would be hard pressed to find a better job at this age. The problem is that it wouldn't stimulate me enough, poker is monotonous. The money is great but then what? Absolutely nothing.