View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Having trouble at 11s and 6s on Party (don\'t laugh)

First, is anyone having trouble loggin into the forum? I always get sent to My Home and have to pull up a new window to login - anyone else having this problem? Citanul, maybe u r trying to tell me something????

Anyway, wanted to know if I'm encountering variance or if I just suck. Have been playing the 6s and 11s the AleoMagnus way (that is, tight early, trying to loosen up a bit in the money, playing super tight on bubble). Ended up 3rd, 4th and 6th last night in the 3 I played. But I'm certainly not EV + and am probably down about $125 in total since I've started - on Sat. I played like 6 STTs and came in first 2x and out of the money the other 4. What's esp. troubling is not just the BBs when you've got QQ and some guy with A2o wins, but more my play on the bubble, where I think I'm too tight. I feel like I'm always going into the final 4-5 with like 800-1100 in chips and the other 3-4 have me covered with like 1200-1800, and then I get super tight and don't play stuff like 22-77, A9s-AJo, etc. So by the time I'm down to 4 I'm usually desperate, and even when I make it ITM I'm so short stacked it's a coin flip and I have to double up like 4x to get 2nd or 1st.

So is this variance/growing pains/playing a little too tight near ITM and not stealing enough blinds with stuff like 55 on the bubble or too hard to tell? I guess I mostly would like to know how long it took the better players on this forum to move up and if they sometimes go back to the 6s and 11s and dominate, or if play is just so random that it's not worth it. Thanks.