View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 01:39 AM

Default Re: Bill Maher gets it right in his advice to Bush

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I thought Rush was particularly enlightening when he said black quarterbacks were overrated and only got their jobs because the media favors them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Rush never said that, but hey, twist how you need to in order to maintain your irrational hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a direct quote of the drug addled ditto master himself.

[ QUOTE ]
“I think the sum of what you're all saying is that Donavan McNabb is regressing, he's going backward, Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go.
The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

And since Mcnabb is a lock hall of famer the comment revealed the truth about pill popping conservative standard bearer. Rush, in his pain relieved haze, once again blames the media this time for creating an illusion around Mcnabb.
It's so silly to defend Rush on this comment. He clearly had no idea WTF he was talking about and it's clearly his default mode.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I was right, Rush didnt say what Newfant claimed Rush said. Furthermore, McNabb didnt have that good a year, the one to which Rush was referring, and the strength of the team at that time was clearly the defense. Anyhow, I dont want to debate football here, we have forums for that. But thanks for pointing out that I was in fact correct in my OP.