View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 10:11 PM

Default Re: Another: Was this fold correct?

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop.
With the way you played this, you have to call a river bet from BB as long as UTG+1 folds. If UTG+1 calls or raises here, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's my question in this (or any flop with one overcard to your high pocket) situation: If you raise, and villian has king-rag or has a good king and is a monster-seer, both of which constitute a large part of the possibility here, and just calls, which many micro players will do even with AK, what's the line, provided BB becomes expectedly meek and checks the turn to hero?

The reason that I'm asking this is generally in most uber-passive micro games, villian isn't going to reraise you so that you can drop your hand guiltlessly. More often that not, he just smooth calls if you bet the turn, and leads out on the river in the event that you check behind on the turn, as it now becomes evident that you have a K.

sorry if this is confusing, but I always have a tough time with this line - I know that raising is better than calling, but 90% of the time I have this situation, it's villain calls, I bet turn and river, villain wins with K4off, or it's turn checks around, villain bets, I call and villain wins with K4off.

Does this make any sense?