View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Moving between limits - question for top players

I am facing the same situation as you right now. I started playing the NL 20-40 game at Commerce when my regular game is the NL 10-20 game. It is very very difficult for me to go back to the 10-20 game b/c there is just soo much more action in the higher game. HOwever, I have realized that as a winning player, you must be able to go back to the 10-20. SO this is what I do now. I will only play the NL20-40 game if there are two big fishes at the table. Otherwise I will just stick with the original game. Also, if things arent going well for me or my confidence is down for any given reason, I will for sure play in the 10-20. Also, another factor that I look into is how long my session will be. ALthough I never have a set limit, if I do know I can only put in 5hrs, I will just stick with the 10-20....only if I have time to sit down and really play will I decide to play the 20-40. After playing the bigger game, going back is hard, but it makes you that much better. I played with some of the best players, and I THINK YOU HAVE AN ADVANTAGE IN NL WHEN THE MONEY DOESNT MEAN MUCH TO YOU....YOU CAN PLAY AGAINST THE PLAYERS MORE AND NOT THE CARDS.

Sorry for the rambling but I hope it helps