View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 08:43 PM

Default Re: A few thought on Psychology of Poker

[ QUOTE ]
I did give this book a read and I do like what Dr. Al has to say. Most people that THINK they can read hands are living in a dream world ---- just like most that say they are making money in this game-----
As for a few of the follow up post on here --- WAY TO GO TAKING THIS TO THE GUTTER ----------

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. Is it even possible to post on this forum without taking **** from people.

Yes, there is a great many dreams in gambling, such as thinking they can win at craps or thinking that they can count cards, etc.etc.etc.

Anyway. For your own information, hand reading is more of a function of pattern recognition, not psycology, if this were not the case, it would be impossible to read hands on- line, short of the plainly obvious.

Anyway, to help you in your writing comprehension, I did not state or imply anywhere in my post that I did not like this book. In fact, if you could manage to do anything without going on tilt and shutting of your mind, you would be able to recognize that I was extremely careful in NOT insulting the book in anyway.

I only wanted to state that I thought it should have been more in dept, but then again, I guess people like you wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

Anyway. I personally find that I deal best with a maniac when I see them from a statistical point of view. I was hoping that perhaps their was a good idea or two on how we can "tilt" these guys, or put them off their "game."