View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: If your a winning player, why would you ever move down limits?????

I suppose im looking at this from the totally wrong angle and after thought have realised my error (which was assuming the risk of ruin principle allows for changing the limit, i just assumed they cant be fools out there who dont move down limits, then i thought, wait a minute, this is online poker, there are plenty of fools to which the risk of ruin principle applies).

I have basically explained (rather well if i do say myself), the reasoning for moving down limits, is that you will never be 'ruined'.

my querying of this is mainly due to my current situation. I feel i am a good enough player to move up to 2-4NL short handed, but dont quite have the bankroll (due to having to spend most of my winnings throughout the past year).
I have a bankroll of now about $4,000 and want to move up (and have recently, but thinking it really isnt a good idea just yet), and so am going to move back down to 1-2NL. ive been in a nice profit at 2-4NL just that taking a bad beat for $270 today made me realise if i hit a back run it would hurt, so im going to go back to 1-2NL until my roll is up to $6,000 so i can feel more than comfortable playing at 2-4NL.

Thanks again