View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Moving between limits - question for top players

Yeah, I was actually going to post a question very similar to this a little while back, when I would see people posting hands from varied limits or see them sitting in the bigger UB games. I personally, have never "taken a shot" at a big game, because I have some sick, twisted part of me that knows I will immediately have a bad run. And if I were to drop 6 or 7 buy ins at a bigger level, it would take that much more to re-coup the losses and, well since this is my living, I don't want to jeopardize my income. I do agree that it is hard to drop down in limits; though I will do this if I am trying something new (ie, HU/3 handed).

I guess one thing I was wondering though, is for everyone who has taken that shot or moves b/n limits, are you properly rolled for the game or are you truly taking a shot? Or are you buying in short, because I guess it would be a less risky play if you bought in short, but then you'd be one of "those people". Because I have a gambler in me that tries to get me to take a shot at the bigger games too, but logic wins out.