View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Blind Stealing in low $ tournaments

I play mostly low buy-ins on Stars. On there, I start really aggressively stealing once the antes come in. I know there aren't any antes on Party, but I guess what I'm saying is maybe you want to wait another level. Generally, these guys go from calling with almost anything to folding almost anything once the bubble comes.

Now, the second rule of stealing blinds in a low buy-in is that these guys will call a lot of your raises. You almost have to fire out a 3/4 pot-sized continuation bet on the flop to get them to go away. They generally will. However, if you only have 1500 and the blinds are at 50/100, you really don't have enough chips to do this with nothing.

If there are limpers in front, I don't steal. I'll raise a good hand, but it's pointless to try to steal it. They low buy-in mentality is "hey, I'm already in for x, so I may as well call 3x." Also, some of these guys are real fond of limping AA, KK, or AK from early position, and you don't want any part of that.

As usual, though, the proper play is ultimately dictated by your table. If you notice that no one is calling raises, it's time to be raising. If they are all getting called, you need to have a hand.