View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Job Offer Dilemma

Quick and dirty summary. Girlfriend moved to Florida. I miss her and want to pursue that relationship, which would require me to move to Florida obviously. I lived in Florida previously and held a job which was the only job I've ever liked. The pay was crappy but I loved it. I tossed them my resume not too long ago and they want to fly me down for an interview. Apparently the job pays ~$50K (much more than I made there the first time). I make ~$35K now. Company I interviewed with locally (through a hiring agency) came at me with a job offer for $46K which is really high for this area. They want to know ASAP if I'll take it. The hiring agency is really really aggressive and I don't handle the aggression well. They're looking for an answer real soon. If I knew I could get the job in Florida at even $46K, I would take it and move.

So essentially it boils down to whether there's a creative way to put the current offer on hold until I can figure out the other job (in Florida) and make them think I'm still interested or whether I should just take it, or I should just decline it. Any ideas?