View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: Jesus Christ and Capitalism

[ QUOTE ]
Philosophies and belief systems are similar, but not one in the same and the philosophy of capitalism, the idea of making a profit to enrich yourself and possibly others, is not necessarily compatable with the belief system of Christians, where their religious icon was poor and believed in charity and giving... i.e. redistribution of wealth.

[/ QUOTE ]

OTOH, there's nothing stopping you from redistributing your personal wealth in a stateless system. You just can't force others to do it. People could voluntarily form all the communes they want. They won't have to pay taxes on their land, they can voluntarily donate their property to the collective. Anarcho-capitalism gives such communes the greatest freedom and the least outside interference.

[ QUOTE ]
In point of fact, Jesus took direct action against the capitalists of his day, the temple money changers, by overturning their scales and beating them violently with a cord whip. If that doesn't smack of Marx talking about hanging the last capitalist with the rope he sold you, I don't know what does.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. I will have to discuss this with my barber.