Thread: Thursday MLB
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 09:41 AM

Default Thursday MLB

Haven't been capping much in the last few days, but I took a quick glance today and one line jumped out at me.

Detroit @ +199 @ LAA

The line can be had better elsewhere, but I just stick to Pinny lines. This line is substantially out of whack. Mike Maroth has pitched very well since getting blown up by Oakland four starts ago. His WHIP over his last three is 1.00, and he went 1-1 against the very hot Indians. He's been a great road warrior this year, going 7-4 with an ERA over a run and a half lower than his overall. His career numbers against LAA are decent too, and he owned them twice earlier this year, holding them to three runs in over 14 IP. Colon is of course great, but his career numbers against Detroit are not fantastic. Detroit is a very good road hitting team, and Anaheim is mediocre at best as far as home hitting. LAA should definitely be the favorite here, but not at a +199 price. +140 or +150 would have been more appropriate for this game, in my opinion.

I've missed my last two picks, so fade at will. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]