View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 08:48 AM

Default Another idea how pokersites could keep players interested

Well, even if a lot was said in recent posts about the coming downfall of poker I still think poker is continuing to grow for a while albeit at a declining rate.

However, competition among poker sites will also continue to grow, so it will be important for the bigger sites to retain players and not let them run off to new sites with better deals.

Player loyalty is very low in online poker and every customer has the greatest information tool at his fingertips while playing. If a new site comes up and injects a lot of money in marketing (ads, bonuses, rebates) they have a chance to become big quickly. It doesn't cost you anything more than 15 minutes of work to change sites and get a better deal. And more important, you do not lose anything if you leave a site. You do not lose value if you have been a long-term member of site and suddenly stop playing.

I am playing a lot a SnGs and noticed that some of the very good and known players put some considerate value on their tourney leader board ranking. I thought that this was odd, since I couldn't care less about that if I could make the same amount of money as they could. Or could I? Ithought about that for a while and remembered that I drew a lot of motivation for playing any computer game if there was some ranking involved and you could see where youself stood compared to the masses. Thus, I think, the sites should consider to rank players and to make this ranking visible at the tables.

Wait a minute, would I really like to make my ranking visible to other players at the table? How much difference would it make to my BB/100 rate if my ranking was at the top 10% or the low ranking 10%?

How about, if I could opt for the ranking to be displayed? How about, if I could get a bonus or rakeback if I opted to partake in the ranking?

Would you do this? How much would you ask for to do it? Would this be a motivation to continue playing/ playing more?