View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Confronting a Bulimic Acquaintance

[ QUOTE ]
unfortunately nothing you can do. i know how you feel, but this is a disease she is well aware of and well aware of the consquences. for some it's about control, and this is the only form of control in her life, she doesn't want to lose the one thing she can (in theory) control.

she has heard it all before by everyone in her life...parents, friends, family, maybe a teacher...co-workers, supervisor, hell even her doctor! nothing you say will be news to her and of course you risk having her freak out at you.

sit by and do nothing buddy

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, she probably knows everything you might tell her. But she might need someone to talk to about it. Maybe nobody has approached the subject in a certain way that makes her want to open up about it.

I have a friend that knew she was bulemic and had actually studied the disease thoroughly, but had not talked to anyone about it. Once she told me about it, she admitted it to many people, and maybe, on another level, to herself. She honestly stopped and has not thrown up in two years now.

If I were you I'd talk to her. It really can't hurt. [censored], I'll talk to her myself. I don't care.