View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Working on agression/protection

Hey man,

Since I've been getting some pretty harsh reviews on my own play recently, I've decided to stick to giving advice instead. Don't worry, it's free (in the short term, anyways). [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

(Actually, I'm putting this out here to see how consistent I am with others on this forum.)

--

Hand 1:

This looks pretty standard. The turn checkraise makes me puke, though.

Vs a straight, you have 3 outs. Vs an ace, you have 6 outs. Vs QT, you have 8 outs.

Still, if you consistently fold here a lot of people will take shots at you, so most of us call down.

This hand illustrates the value of position, though. If you were in the CO rather than in EP, you would be able to bet the turn and take a free showdown, which is the True Standard (unless you're against a really fishy guy who may be calling you down with nearly nothing).

Hand 2:

On this river, you either check/fold, check/call, bet/call, or bet/fold: your hand isn't good enough to bet/3-bet.

Check-calling is not my preferred line here because you're inviting him to bet hands that are better than yours, and for a lag, it appears that you've slowed him down with some form of hand, for a guy who will bet anything at all when checked to, though, this is better than betting into him (as he'll bet some things that he wouldn't have called).

Check-folding isn't good either because he's aggressive.

Betting out is the best, making a really crying call if he raises, probably. Definitely bet though.

Just so you know, though, that 6 is a pretty blank card. It makes a couple of straights and 56, but I can't think of a board off the top of my head that doesn't make at least one straight possible.

Hand 3:
It might not be a bad idea to call down vs that turn three-bet. Those are pretty serious bets. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]