View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:26 AM

Default Re: AA hand gets minraised on flop Party400NL

your preflop play is completely unacceptable and you need to understand that or it's going to cost you thousand of dollars. Not saying this to be mean. You have about 400 dollars in front of you preflop and a set is only 7.5 to 1 to hit if the opponent has a pp when you made that small preflop rr you jepordized your whole stack all 400 because you gave odds to everyone with any reasonable hand to outdraw you and break you. If already a raise preflop you need to play AA very fast IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF CHIPS IN FRONT OF YOU. Now you're in a senario that you will be lucky to come out ahead in and u now have 375 dollars in jepoardy. Personally if i made this mistake preflop I would check that flop almost every time to avoid going broke. There are no real draws and betting such a large amount on the flop puts you in a lot of danger. another 20 bucks to win 400 more of your stack I call with any decent cards. Do not play more nl until you understand this or you can fold AA postfolop without an extremely scary board.

To summarize preflop HORRIBLE protect your hand.
Flop play good IF YOU HAD PLAYED PROPERLY PREFLOP but given you huge mistake checking the flop is a much wiser play.