View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: The Self Righteous Arrogant and MY POKER PROGRESSION

[ QUOTE ]
Why can't there be a little more respect for someone who posts here that is otherwise unknown?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe his post wasn't a work of staggering genius, but Tx does have a point. If you aren't a regular poster here and post a question/scenerio that doesn't lean far into advanced poker thinking and is otherwise "standard" or has a logic flaw in it that appears obvious, that post will either be flamed or flat out ignored. I'm not pointing fingers here, this is merely a trend I've noticed and I'm sure others have as well. And I think it harms the discussion. It causes many would be posters (such as myself) to continue lurking instead of throwing their ideas into the ring for fear of being dubbed a message board troll or having their ideas met with short, sarcastic quips like this:

[ QUOTE ]
you're right. I really envy KQ and JTs position in this hand. Genius post with tons of insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only a handful of players regularly post here and I don't think its because only handful of players have anything decent to add to the discussion. So instead of taking a "you're wrong and you're an idiot for even posting this trash" approach, how about a "you're wrong and here's why" approach instead. Some of you do take that approach and for that this lurker is grateful. This board had helped my game tremendously and I hope it doesn't become one where only the popular kids get heard. My 2 cents. Flame away.