View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 04:27 PM

Default Re: The Self Righteous Arrogant and MY POKER PROGRESSION

[ QUOTE ]
If you put AA against seven other hands and see them all to the river....you're toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize how often you will make a set by the river with AA and roughly how often that will be the best hand? And how often you will make the nut flush when four to one of your suit hits the board and how often that will be the best hand? And how often you will make aces up when the board pairs a card nobody is holding and how often that will be he best hand? And yes sometimes AA does hold up unimproved against 7 players, though obviously not as frequently as it does heads up.

With all due respect, you seem to want to play in a high stakes game that doesn't have tremendous variance. What posters here are trying to tell you is that the 30/60 does have a high variance and that, combined with the lower winrate you expect to make because other players make fewer mistakes, you will likely go through stretches where you will lose a lot of money.

Given your statement about pocket aces up against a large field, you are displaying a serious misunderstanding about one of the basic concepts in poker. Hopefully, it is just a short-term amnesia brought about by your recent downswing; if you genuinely believe you don't want to take AA up against 7 opponents or you routinely start playing suboptimally whenever you run bad, you will likely take a beating at high limit poker. I believe that is what the posters have been trying to tell you, and this is the most polite way I can convey this message to you.

I really think you should spend more time thinking about and discussing poker, and less time telling this forum how you would like people to respond to your posts.