View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 03:44 PM

Default Re: $1500 NL hand from the Borgata Open

I actually don't think I like the play that much. You are up against two opponents that you claim are pretty decent, and I think you make this play without too much of a read on either of them. If you had really strong reads on both, I'd like it, but at least from what you've written I don't think that is the case.

The old guy who minraised, and then made a weak bet could have AA, 99 or KQ off.

The flop caller is the hand that would really scare me. By raising, you will only move him off of a hand like A9 or 88 here imo, but for some reason I feel like he is trapping with a set here.

I guess what I'm really trying to say, is that it seems like too much has to go your way here, and you don't have enough info to make this the best possible play at this point. I know there is a lot of dead money out there, but unless you really had great reads here I would probably just fold and move on to the next hand. I think you could make a similar semibluff in a better spot at some point in the near future.