View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: First trip to AC

I posted this in another thread...I definitely think the ante structure makes the games looser, but there is more than that.

"I think new players gravitate towards low limits and all the new players are going to play hold em now b/c that's what's on television. So the 5-10 stud games get no new blood and the old blood is generally a bunch of weak tight rocks with a few holes. So not much action. The mid limit stud games like 20-40, 30-60, however is a different animal. While they don't get tons of new blood, they do get people (in a place like Taj with a big rail and great location) who want to play poker and only understand stud (it's what they grew up with, it's the home game, etc). And many of these people play very badly. It also seems to be the game that affluent semi-regulars populate, at Taj. I don't know what it is really, but those games are very loose and not tough at all (exception is 75-150 and higher, depending on lineup...but usually these are good). Many rich, middle aged to old businessmen populate these games, donate, know they donate and don't give a damn."