View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 02:17 PM

Default Re: When your a losing player

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Again, you are complaining because a marginally worse hand beat you. It happens to everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are yu telling me w/ a straight face that after reraising w/ a dominated hand (24.7% chance of winning according to Cardplayer.com odds calculator) and then drawing to 2 outs after the flop (9.2% of winning) that my hand was only "slightly" better. I can understand saying that preflop, Aj is a 4 -1 dog, but after the flop? C'mon bro

[/ QUOTE ]

AKs is a 3-1 favorite preflop - and from what I am seeing, there was no betting after the flop - so it makes no difference.

Nevertheless, these are not exceptionally long odds. They are just the nature of the game.

I read posts like yours all the time and all I think is that you really don't seem to understand that this is gambling. Your having the better hand before the flop is no guarantee that you are going to win. Using the example here, it only means that you will win 3 out of 4 times - but 1 out of 4 times you WILL LOSE. It isn't just happening to you - it happens to everyone. Perhaps you happen to be getting hit with a lot of bad beats all at once - which can hurt - but that doesn't change the fact that these hands will, in the long run, tend to win.

Its called a downswing and it happens to everyone. If you can't handle the downswing, then you probably shouldn't be gambling.