View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: Flopped Set and Slowplay. Good, Bad, Ugly??

[ QUOTE ]
I'll go against the grain and say I don't mind the flop check. If you bet, it's likely you'll end up winning right on the flop with such an awful board. This seems to be a fine spot to give a cheap/free card in hopes of making someone a 2nd best hand (or inducing something like Ax to call you down).

However, once BB bets out with 2 players left to act, he's going to have Kx most of the time. Now you need to find a way to take the most from him. I would c/r the turn although you don't lose much by c/ring the flop. At any rate, you need to get a raise in somewhere; donk-betting the turn is the worst option.

I 3-bet this river about 100% of the time too. If he called your turn bet getting 4-1 with A4, pay him off and put him on your buddy list.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking back on the hand, I liked this line the best. I flat call and c/r turn. I'm so reluctant to check the turn in small pots like this for fear of it getting checked through. I also think betting the flop is less than optimal. Smart players will rarely call an ugly board like this in a small pot.