View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:05 PM

Default Re: This is a hand I screw up frequently( semilong)

Dump em in EP unless you are feeling the pinch or have a target at your table. MP/LP just be cautious (that can mean overpushing when unopened to you). Great hands for blind defense.

I have poor results with AQ-J if I don't treat them like what they are. As much as I want to like these hands, they're really just one-way straight, high offsuit gappers.

[ QUOTE ]
"AQ from EP( I vary my play, but 70% of the time I bring it in for 3-4xbb, hoping to steal)

Then on Flopps of roughly this texture(With AQ)
A-(J-8)-small card, I lead with roughly a 1/2 pot sized bet( should one favour probe bets more say 1/3, making it easier to leave the hand?)"

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not. That's why not playing AQo and AJo in EP is better in the long run. I run into the same situations as you, probably with very similar results (either win a little or lose a lot). This question comes up so often that it has to be characteristic of these hands.

[ QUOTE ]
"If the turn then offers no improvement, how do u attack the next betting round? How will u take on the hand is u spike two pairs on the flopp, but still are raised?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never played a high enough stake tourny to not lose to sets here every time. When you spike your Ace or queen, it's just tough to get away from, especially when you need chips.

[ QUOTE ]
"I dont like pushing with this hand pre or post flopp, unless I am shortstacked-but might as well since I appear to marry the hand to often."

[/ QUOTE ]

After seeing so many take this line with AK making massive overbets, I lean towards this being the best line (I won't do it from EP or against a raiser very often, though)

[ QUOTE ]
"As the field thinnes I would assume the level of skill increases and that moves on flopps like these are more common, that is why I find it so hard to lay down postflop"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this is why I go broke with TPTK or when I flop an Ace. History hasn't shown me that people are making moves very often.

Maybe we just need better table selection skills in middle stages of MTTs?

Sorry to just echo your frustration.