View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 11:54 AM

Default Re: When your a losing player

Those are bad beats. They happen to everyone. However, in each case, it appears as though you made a mistake - and you admit as such.

"JJ's, raise, total station calls with a 76o and flops a straight, i pay him off." - well, you know that this was a mistake

"1010, raise, total station calls w/ a 52o and flops inside strait draw, makes it on the turn after I went all in and he called without hesitation." - you went all in with a pair of tens and what was clearly garbage on the flop - why?

"AJo shorthanded, raise, opponent reraises w/ KJo and I call, he hits a running two-pair and screams "YES" as if he did the right thing" - how much worse was his re-raise than your raise?

"KQo, same game, opponent calls w/ K9o and hits the 9 on the turn to knock me out." - you got knocked out with KQo - that is your fault since that is not a particularly strong hand.

From these examples, it appears that you are simply not a strong player - certainly not strong enough to be playing at the levels you appear to be playing at.

YOUR problem seems to be that you thought that having read some books that you were ready for the big time - when, in fact, all those books do is prepare you for the small time - only once you can beat the small stakes should you move up - only once you have built a bankroll and have mastered the basic plays - which, clearly, is not the case yet.