View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Re: 15-30 Hand: Turn and River Play

[ QUOTE ]
Now this is where I'm having trouble with my Omaha game. Why do I check the turn? I have Aces which may or may not be good for the high and I have a nut low as backup. Is betting and getting raised that bad? Also, many free cards could beat me if I'm ahead for the high.

I'm not saying you're wrong...I'm sure I'm using bad logic here since I'm new to this game. So just curious why I would check the turn here into just a couple opponents so I don't cost myself next time (and when I end up in an 80-160 half and half AGAIN this weekend - seems this might be a permanent change).

Jeff

[/ QUOTE ]

JMO, but I think the advice given to you in this thread is very weak tight. I think the flop and turn bets are automatic.

On the Turn your hand may still be best for high and if not you still have many outs like another A or a 5. You also have an uncounterfeitable low draw. I would not see any reason to 3 bet the Turn though.

On the river, you are getting great odds to call. But I also think you are beaten at least 90% of the time. So calling/ Not calling the river is probably close to a neutral EV decision. But you can beat 2 pair w/o a queen or a busted draw bluff.

Was this game, the 2 way game at the Taj?