View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:23 AM

Default Re: How do you wind down after a session?

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. You just described my nightly dilemma in a nutshell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad I'm not alone [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Mega... you a working man? In college? HS? Unemployed? Just curious if you share my plight.

[/ QUOTE ]

After college, I worked for an investment bank for 5 years in London then New York. Contract ended so I decided to take the opportunity to "turn pro" and see how it went.

[ QUOTE ]
I really think you need to give yourself at least an hour buffer between finishing up a session and bedtime. I have found that if I try to hit the sack immediately, I end up just popping out of bed after rolling around in my own self-analysis for an hour and pouring my heart out on 2p2.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya. Oops, look where I am!

[ QUOTE ]
For me... a good hour of SportsCenter winds me down. Pretty much an hour of anything NOT poker will aid my sleep. I have also found little success with trying to read myself to sleep with rereads HoH or SSHE, as this just gets me in the poker mood again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really want to give my eyes a rest, so I prefer to avoid watching TV. Reading a book that's non-poker related is a good idea.

[ QUOTE ]
If all else fails, PM me, and we can have a nightly argument to wind down [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Oh wait, different time zones, that won't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, nh! I pretty much live to the US timezone anyway so you're on!

Thanks again.