View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 11:18 PM

Default Re: Making Pulled Pork

I like injecting pork butts because it’s faster than brining. I rub them and refrigerate them overnight. Then I inject them when I pull them out of the fridge to let them warm up. I do prefer to brine poultry.

I’m not a huge mop fan, particularly if you’re are using a kettle grill,; You lose too much heat every time you pull the lid off. Plus most people mop too early, the meat needs time to form a crust on the outside – usually about 3 hours. Mop before that and you’re just washing off the rub.

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, if you don't already own at least one, check out Steven Raichlen's books.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one “The Barbecue! Bible” is the best of the lot, but in my opinion it’s more of a grilling book. My big issue with Raichlen is that a lot of his recipes are hard to duplicate because of hard to find ingredients. His books also tend to lean toward an Asian flavor. (I have 3 of his books)

A truly great barbecue book is “Legends of Texas Barbecue Cookbook: Recipes and Recollections from the Pit Bosses” by Robb Walsh. This will really bring your “Q” up several notches.