View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Altering txaq007\'s Question For Christians.

[ QUOTE ]

I think I understand the viewpoint you are coming from now; that pre-christ the only saved were the ones God predestined to be saved (grace) and likewise any Jew that accepted Christ when he came on earth was also predestined to be saved, while the rejectors God predestined to be stubborn, the same as some of Israel he had predestined to be stubborn from the beginning of the Israelites?

Does that accurately describe your beliefs?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assent to all that you've said above, but in the interest of preventing people from misinterpreted I will add a few things.

Those that God predestines to be saved, he will call (though the precross or postcross gospel) and they will come to faith in a messiah or in Christ (depending upon when they live). Romans 8:28-30 sums it up fairly well (emphasis placed upon v. 30)

28And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good,[a] for those who are called according to his purpose. 29For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. 30And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified.

True to my beliefs in a strict predestination, the condition on being saved isn't strictly on if they come to faith or not, it's on if they are chosen. Those that God chooses He brings to faith.

But yes, that's a pretty good summary