View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 07:47 PM

Default Re: bodog disconnects???

I have suffered a number of disconnects at Bodog, I believe all while playing just one table. I switched a few weeks ago from dial-up to DSL-lite, the slowest version of DSL. I still have had disconnects, but I'm getting them less often now.

The frustrating part about disconnects at Bodog is that the software seems to do a poor job of automatically reconnecting me. I'm always torn between sitting there for I don't know how long waiting on the automatic reconnection, which I don't know will actually happen, or signing off and then signing back on again.

I can tell by having seen others disconnected that if I let the reconnection software do its thing, I will get extra time in the hand to act, thereby preserving a possible win in the hand. The problem is that I don't have confidence that I will eventually be automatically reconnected, while I do have confidence that I can close the client, restart it, sign back on, and be at my table relatively quickly, though out of the hand I was in plus usually the next one.

[ QUOTE ]
one part of the problem is that they give you very little time to act, so you'll disc a lot more often if you have a moderate amount of lag.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is absolutely a factor. I wish I had more time to act there, particularly during my occassional forays into 2-tabling with my pathetically small monitor.