View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: How to react to turn donkbet?

[ QUOTE ]
If UTG+2 has a worse ace, then he has a lot of outs against you (mostly to a chop). However, it's not like raising will get him to fold, and he won't fold an ace on the river either.

If UTG+2 just picked up a spade draw and decided to try to represent the ace, then raising now will charge him more to draw. However, if Villain will fire again on the river as a bluff if he misses, then you don't really need to charge him more to draw.

If you wait until the river, then you'll be less likely to get 3-bet by a better ace (unless Villain takes the river raise personally), as Villain might worry you improved on the river or that you were slowplaying a monster.

If Villain doesn't have a flush draw and is firing with a hand like 66 and he might fold that hand if you raise, then you'd be better off just calling the turn (so long as Villain doesn't plan on check-folding the river after you call his turn bet).

Also, by waiting, you do give yourself the option of just calling on the river on some cards, such as a third spade. I don't know if that's an option you'd take against this opponent, but it is something else to think about.

On the whole, I think I like just calling the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point... Thx