Thread: Small PP?
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Small PP?

From time to time with several limpers in front, I stick in a raise with even small PP preflop hoping to buy the button and see the turn cheap if I don't make a set on the flop. This will also add deception if you hit your set on a middle to low flop and you might get payed off handsomely by 2 pair figuring you for overplaying an overpair. I don't have a rule, but I want a pretty passive table if I am going to do this. I don't want to be 3 bet preflop or even bet at very often when I miss my set on the flop. Maybe I should do an EV calculation to see if this is better or worse than flat calling preflop and folding when you miss the set, but like I said, I don't do it every time, just to mix things up.

I will also say that there is no feeling like checking behind 6 people on the flop (with at least one looking to check raise with his 2 pair), hitting a set on the turn which must look like a total blank, and then getting to trap the whole field for 2 or 3 big bets after the attempted flop check/raiser bets out on the turn.